1 – Policy Statement
Your privacy is important to us. This policy states our personal information handling practices, and complies with current applicable legislation.
2 – Definitions
Personal information is defined as information recorded in any form, which identifies a person or describes them in a way that their identity can be determined.
In this Policy, we refer to Personal information (unless otherwise specified).
3 – Procedures
This policy will be:
- displayed at our offices
- made available by request to anyone who asks to see it
- provided to any employee who handles personal information for Stone Dog Meadery
3.2 Type of Personal information collected
We will only collect the information we need, and for which we have a purpose that is legitimate and related to one of our obligations.
We collect information on the following identifiers:
- Contact details
- Delivery details
- Special instructions
- Method of payment
- Credit card details
- Land line phone number for security check
We generally collect personal information about individuals by way of forms filled out by customers.
Individuals, from whom we collect information, may request a copy of our Collection Statement, via our Contact Us details on this website.
3.3 Use of personal information
We will use the personal information we collect for the primary purpose of communicating with our customers. We may also use the information for such secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection and can be reasonably expected, or to which the individual concerned has consented. In example, to email additional offers that may suit the customer’s interests. The customer may request we cease these offers at any time in the event they have not been given the opportunity to not receive them in the first instance.
The personal information collected in relation to our customers will be used for:
- Order fulfilment
- Should any unforeseen changes to an order be required
- Promotional materials
- Information regarding Stone Dog Meadery sponsored events
- New product or limited edition release notifications
3.4 Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose some personal information held about an individual to:
- Government departments or law enforcement agencies as part of our legal obligations, if compelled to do so.
- Insurance providers in relation to specific claims (ex: lost or damaged parcels)
3.5 Management and security of information
In order to protect personal information from any unauthorised access, or disclosure, Stone Dog Meadery will ensure that:
- staff access is limited to those who require this information in order to do their jobs;
- information is securely held and under no circumstances left in areas that allow for unauthorised access;
- regarding the security in electronic transmission:
- emails will only be sent to a person authorised to receive same;
- via telephone, limited personal information will be provided to authorised parties only.
3.6 Access to information and updating personal information
Under privacy legislation, an individual has the right to:
- request access to personal information held about them;
- make corrections if they consider the data is not accurate, complete or up to date.
There are some exceptions set out in the Acts where access may be denied in part or in total.
Examples of some exemptions are:
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others or;
- we are involved with regulatory bodies investigating or remedying serious improper conduct, and providing access would prejudice that.
Personal information may be accessed via the Contact Us section of this website, telephone or email, the details of which are displayed on our Contact Us web page. Each request will be acknowledged within 14 days, but most often within 2 working days. There could be a delay in responding if the request is made during a period when we are not open for business.
In accordance with the legislation we reserve the right to charge for information provided, in order to cover the costs involved in providing the information.
3.7 Disposal of Information
We will not store personal information any longer than necessary.
When disposing of information we will ensure it is shredded and destroyed in a manner that no one can access the information.
Key Responsibilities and Authorities
Management is responsible for ensuring the overall responsibility for the implementation of this policy.
Both Management and any Employees are responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, access, storage and disposal of information in line with this policy and the Privacy Principles.